Hire Me! For you, or with you, I will:
Speak, Teach, Create visual art for your special space, Design a puppet, midwife a performance or a special event, Perform my current work, or do something else you propose. I am especially interested in work For the Water, the Environment, and Social Justice concerns. I work with all ages, and love to work inter-generationally and inter-culturally.
A three-hour intergenerational Mask making workshop
- “Dear Deer” at the Madeline Island School of Art in Wisconsin. Participants made Deer masks with the plan of wearing them in the 4th of July Parade the following day. Perfect experience for families.
A two or three-day workshop for teachers.
- “What If?!” Teacher’s training through the Perpich Center for Arts Education craft mini-theatre performances on a pertinent Water topic.
A three-week immersive training for serious students of puppet theatre
- “With Joy!” Participants focus on movement techniques and performance creation that rises from the whole ecology of a stimulating neighborhood, the news stories of the day, the personal stories of the participants, and the transformative realm offered by puppet and image theatre. Participants also study the historical significance of the various techniques explored, and what it means to build performance of community relevance, of questions, of compassion, of joy.
A two or three-week residency for a whole community/town
- participants work with a theme to build puppets and masks while creating a community pageant or event – such as: Water Water Everywhere section of this website.
- Or the Water Festival ( from Decorate the Well in Gratitude)
A one-week intensive workshop for a particular type of Puppet or Mask technique, or a particular topic.
- such as: a Handpuppet intensive, or a focus on Art and Compassion, or Art and Activism.
Here are some possibilities:
- For the Water: Reverence, Education and Activism through Art
- Introduction to Puppet and Mask theatre: its history and unique place in ritual/transformational theatre
- Experiential Community Dialogue through Art: the story behind In the Heart of the Beast Theatre’s Mayday
- This Place: Experiential History discovery through Performance
- Intro and History of In the Heart of the Beast Puppet and Mask Theatre
- Art and Compassion: the inner and outer eyes of the mask
- Opening for the International Theatre Festival in Gwacheon South Korea
- Guiding the anniversary of the 20th Anniversary Celebration, Music Center of Los Angeles, Education Division, CA, 2000
- Opening of the educational wing of the Walker Art Center (1984)