Mayday is an Annual Festival generated and produced by In the Heart of the Beast Puppet and Mask Theatre since 1974. It has been my rare privilege to midwife these many years of Mayday with such incredible teams of artists and community participants!
- 2015 ...And Still We Rise
for Racial Justice and in Affirmation that Black Lives Matter
- 2014 Wonder? Wonder!
love this Earth in defense of its destruction
- 2013 See the World
for the Children
- 2012 The End of the World As We Know It
the beginning of the world as we make it. Now! About Transition Towns
- 2011 Caws to Unite
angry angry angry, united in anger
- 2010 UPROAR!
year of the tiger - come together!
- 2009 Our Common Treasury-Dig It
as the economy collapses, we honor the common and sacred soil
- 2008 A New Bridge: Infrastructure for the Future Beings
blueprint for sustainability
- 2007 Somos Aqua
for the Water
- 2006 The Time Is Now!
to Come Together for the Common Good!
- 2005 Where Do We Go From Here?
- 2004 LEAP!
vision of the Holy Fool
- 2003 This Is Our Child
about local and international violence to Children and the Bill of Rights for children
- 2002 MAYDAY! MAYDAY!
cry of distress, call for Peace
- 2001 Prayer for the Flowering of Compassion
about the teachings of the Dalai Lama
- 2000 Divining Economy
about wealth and health
- 1999 Somos Uno
25th year honoring Mayday's red and green roots
- 1998 Sing!
- 1997 May Abundant Blessings Flow
about gratitiude and community wellness
- 1996 Be A Bridge
to prevent violence in the community
- 1995 Gorgeous Fever of Consciousness
as the virtual world expands, thanks to our body's senses
- 1994 In Honor of Seeds: Awesome Vessels of Power!
- 1993 Let The Sleeper Awake!
call for deeper layers of consciousness
- 1992 I Am Another Yourself
against colonial mindset in every way
- 1991 Return to Turtle Island
honoring Native American contributions to the world, and the Great Tree of Peace treaty
- 1990 Wheel of Change Ever Whirling
applauding the dismantling of the Berlin Wall and Nelson's Mandela's freedom
- 1988 Voices of Trees
honors relationship of humans and trees
- 1987 We May Be Family After All
from Chief Seattle's speech
- 1986 Corn
honoring corn as the instrinsic physical and spiritual sustenance of the Americas
- 1985 Our World Home
think globally and locally
- 1984 In Honor of Time and Changebringing of Hearts, Hands, Minds
10th Mayday, honoring teachers and 10 year olds
- 1983 Water
in honor of water
- 1982 Water
in honor of water
- 1981 In Honor of Change
- 1980 The Year of the Child
in alignment with United Nations theme
- 1979 Wake Up!
honors Spring and people's work
- 1978 These Things Are Free!
- 1977 Seasons
honors the changbringing of earth and of people
- 1976 The Ark
like Noah's carrying us through the storm
- 1975 Bring Us Back Together from the years of the Vietnam War!